Princeton, Navy, Maryland Smash Injured Lacrosse Team on Trip

The varsity lacrosse team absorbed four losses and one tie on its spring trip, and though the games were as one-sided as the record, injuries and inexperience can share in the blame.

Coach Bruce Munro was forced to take a team against the southern lacrosse powers with only one scrimmage, a 20 to 4 defeat of weak Boston Lacrosse Club. In the B.L.C. game, first string defenseman Paul Jones injured a hip. Bob Larsen, another member of the defense, also sprained an ankle and pulled a muscle.

The following Monday the ten tied an underdog Stevens team 8 to 8 and lost first midfielder Jim Telfer with a pulled ligament in his collar bone. On Tuesday the squad met a fine Princeton team, and lost 16 to 6; behind 10 to 0 at the half, the locals succeeded in tying the Orange 6 to 6 in the second half.

On Wednesday the team fell to Penn while defenseman Tom Crump and midfielder Chuck Edwards were injured. On Thursday at College Park, Md., the traditional southern hospitality was set aside as Maryland smashed the varsity 16 to 0. In this game, Pete Palches, second midfielder, sustained a knee injury which may put him out for the year.

The Crimson lost 13 to 1 to Navy in its last game, but showed better teamwork and play making.