Allies Agree to Communist Plan For Exchanging Sick Prisoners; McCarthy Investigation Wanted

Biddle Asks Probe of McCarthy

WASHINGTON, April 6--Francis Biddle, former attorney general, called today for a Justice Department investigation of whether Sen. McCarthy (R-Wis.) unlawfully diverted to his own use money donated for his fight against Communists.

McCarthy retorted that Biddle was a "thoroughly discredited" man and denounced his action as "criminal libel."

Biddle, a Democrat, made the demand in a letter to Atty. Gen. Brownell. The letter was signed by Biddle as national chairman of Americans for Democratic Action, and by Robert R. Nathan, chairman of ADA's Executive Committee.

BONN, Germany, April 6--Two investigators for Sen. Joseph R. McCarthy's subcommittee declared today the group had uncovered "millions of dollars worth of waste and mismanagement" in the United States foreign information service.

"It has often been found that there is a definite ticup between mismanagement and the question of security," they added.

The two probers are Roy Marcus Cohn, chief counsel to the Senate investigation subcommittee of the Committee on Government Operations, and Gerard David Schine, chief consultant to the committee.