Buck Considers 3 For Chief Cleric

The search for a new chairman of the University's Board of Preachers has been narrowed to three men, Provost Buck revealed last week.

Buck heads a six-man committee which is trying to find a clergyman to conduct Memorial Church services, direct P.B.H. activities, and serve as a University professor of Christianity. He met with his group three times before spring vacation.

The Provost did not reveal the three men now being considered, but he indicated they are all Protestants--probably Presbyterians or Congregationalists.

The University has not yet chosen a new P.B.H. graduate secretary, Buck added. He stated, however, that it is improbable the new man will be a clergy-man himself. It is likely that the University will allow the new professor of Christianity to have some say in selecting the P.B.H. executive.

The present Graduate Secretary, Robert L. Fischelis '49, has resigned his post as of July 1.

Members of Buck's committee to nominate a new chairman of the Board of Preachers are: Dr. Fredrick May Eliot, Dr. Douglas Horton, Bishop G. Bromley Oxnam, and The Right Reverend Bishop Henry Knox Sherrill.