Lacrosse Squad Meets Dartmouth Away Tomorrow

The honeymoon is over. The varsity lacrosse team must win its game with Dartmouth Saturday to prove that the decisive defeats it suffered at the hands of southern teams were merely the result of injuries and lack of practice.

All injured players are now back in condition, with lofty midfielder Pete Patches the latest addition. Coach Bruce Munre now has all the members of his original squad in playable shape, plus three attackmen who have come out since the start of the season.

The Crimson has three capable mid-fields, Captain Ron Huebsch, Fred Horween, and Hank Wood on the first; Jim Telfer, Skip Baldwin, and Todd Goodwin on the second; and Chuck Edwards, Bob Larsen and Hank Rate on the third, with Palches working in, if possible. It boasts of a more than capable attack with Monk Aiello, Ed Curtis and Phil Waring and a strong defense of Paul Jones, Tom Crump and Ted Sexton.

Dartmouth will be up for the game. The Big Green has an all-American defenseman, and should give the Crimson a tough, well-played contest. The Indians have beaten Penn 8 to 5, the score by which the Crimson lost, but have not shown as well in other scores. The contest in Hanover tomorrow is a toss-up, but if the Crimson repeats past performances it may well win.

The freshman team also travels to Hanover, to play its Indian counterparts.