Lacrosse Squad Whips Tufts 14-4 In Yale Tune-Up

MEDFORD, May 12 Apparently unaffected by its bruising contest with Dartmouth yesterday, the varsity lacrosse team turned the power switch to "full" here today, demolishing Tufts, 14 to 4.

At no time after the first period was the issue in doubt. Indeed, only a fine performance by Jumbo goalie Barry Symons kept the score below 20.

This last tune-up before the Yale game proved conclusively that the Crimson at tack can score. The shooting was excellent, and the passing even better. Tufts was helpless against the attack. Monk Alello, Phil Waring, and Ed Curtis tallied 11 goals between them.

Waring, the Crimson's best creaseman since Rick Hudner, counted six times, to run his season's total to an awesome 46.

The Crimson scored four times in the opening period, and led, 8 to 4, at the half. Fine defensive work by Ted Sexton, John Hartwell (subbing for the injured Tom Crump), and Paul Jones held the straining Jumbos scoreless over the last 30 minutes.

Coach Bruce Munro was pleased with the Crimson's general showing, but took special note of the team's "snap back" after the grueling contest with Dartmouth.