Class Day Committee Sees Deficit As Senior Week Ticket Sales Lag

With two weeks remaining before the deadline, some $5000 worth of tickets for Senior Week activities are still to be sold, it was learned last night.

According to Ralph Wharton '53, secretary of the Class Day committee which handles the events, only $950 worth of tickets for the event had been sold by Tuesday morning. The committee must sell between $6000 and $7000 worth of tickets to ensure financial success for the week.

Wharton indicated that the fact that graduation would occur a week earlier than usual this year was probably responsible for show sales to date. A last minute rush for the tickets is usual, he said.

Events of the week include the "Senior Spread," other informal dances, a moon-light cruise, and the usual unpaid-for activities, such as Class Day itself. For all of them, the Class Day Committee is responsible.

The committee has been hampered by the fact that two of its elected members have joined the Navy, and also by administrative difficulties in providing ticket-sellers at the proper hours in Lamont Library. The committee is headed by Daniel J. O'Connor '53 of Leverett House.