Crew Will Travel to Red Top To Train for June Yale Race

Crimson varsity crewmen entrain for their annual excursion to Red Top tomorrow to prepare themselves for the gruelling four-mile Yale race on June 12. Twice daily practices on the Thames River will be the fare from now until race day.

The Crimson contingent arrives for its intensive training two days after Yale's varsity, junior varsity, freshman, and combination crews reached Gales Ferry for their preparation yesterday.

In this, the 75th anniversary race at New London, the crews will again row the upstream course over which the Elis upset the favored Crimson varsity last June. Again the Elis have had an unsuccessful season, winning only one race, so again the Crimson will be favored.

Observation Train

For the first time in 13 years the observation train will be run on the west bank of the Thamos and will travel from New London to the finish line at Bartlett's Cove. The four-mile varsity race and the two-mile freshman and JV races will finish at Bartlett's Cove. The train will have 14 cars with a diesel and a grille car at both ends. There is room for 980 passengers, and the train leaves from New London at 5:35 p.m. The Yardlings race at 6 p.m., the JVs at 6:45, and the varsity at 7:30.

Last year's race went to a surprising Eli eight as the favored Crimson shell finished a length behind the Bulldogs.