The Corporation: Six Professional Men Chose Head

These are the men who chose the new President: the five Fellows and the Treasurer of the University:

Paul C. Cabot '21: A banker and Bostonian, he has been Treasurer of the College since 1948, and is the only Corporation member voting for the president who is not a Fellow.

Charles A. Coolidge '17: A lawyer, perhaps the most important member of the group in terms of experience and youth. He is relatively young (A.B. from Harvard in 1917, LL.B. 1922), yet has been on the Corporation for almost ten years.

Roger I. Lee' 02: Oldest by far of the Fellows, he alone of the group helped pick Conant in 1933. A doctor born in 1881, Lee was Henry K. Oliver professor in the Hygiene Department from 1918 to 1924.

R. Keith Kane '22: One of the three recent appointees to the Corporation, he is a lawyer who spent the war years in Washington as a special assistant to the Secretary of the Navy.

William L. Marbury: A Baltimore attorney, he is the only member of the group who is not a Harvard graduate. Marbury spent his undergraduate years at Johns Hopkins before attending Law School here.

Thomas S. Lamont '21: Last appointed member, he succeeded Henry L. Shattuck on July 12, 1952. A former Overseer of the College, he is a partner in J. P. Morgan as well as director of numerous industrial firms.