Harriers Expect Fourth Win Against Lions, Penn in N.Y.

The undefeated varsity cross-country team should pick up its fourth straight victory today when it meets Columbia and Penn in a triangular meet at Van Cortlandt Park in New York City.

With the Heptagonals only three weeks away, Coach Bill McCurdy will probably try to acquaint his runners with the five mile course, the longest distance they have run this season. Both the Hops and the IC4A meet are run Van Cortlandt Park.

Neither Columbia nor Penn has been impressive in early season meets, and Bill Morris, Don French, and crew should have an easy time today.

From today's meet, McCurdy may be able to tell just how much A1 Wills will contribute to the squad. So far this season Wills has not finished higher than third, but McCurdy in counting on him to surpass both Morris and French, outstanding runners in the early meets.

In rapid succession the Crimson has beaten UMass, Providence, Boston U., and Brown. Last week, against Brown, the varsity took the first ten places in an unprecedented sweep.

Beck Only Senior

Behind Morris, French, and Wills for the Crimson should come Dave McLean, Dick Wharton, and Paul Beck. Beck is the only senior on the squad, with the exception of Captain Frank Nahigian. Nahigian is still sidelined with a broken too.

The once-beaten freshman team will also meet the Columbia and Penn cubs in a preliminary race.

This will probably be the last easy meet for the Crimson. Next Friday the varsity meets a strong Dartmouth squad. They then travel to New Haven for the Big Three championships, October 29. The Heptagonals and the IC4A meet follow in successive weeks.

The Yardling squad will meet Dartmouth on October 22 at home and will travel to New Haven on October 29 to face Yale and Princeton.