Soccer Team Wins Over Brown 4-1; Hodnett Scores Twice for Crimson

The varsity soccer team, exhibiting its best passing of the season, easily defeated Brown, 4 to 1, at Providence Saturday. The outclassed Bears, yet to win in four games, went scoreless until late in the final period.

By the time Bear wing Stan Ralston kicked in his team's only goal at 14:20 of the fourth quarter, the Crimson had built up a 4 to 0 load.

Hank Holmes opened the Crimson scoring three minutes after the first period opened. The Crimson failed to score again in the first half despite near-constant control of the ball.

At 14:15 in the third period, Grey Hodnett, with an assist from Hank Holmes, broke the game open with the first of two goals. In the last ten seconds of this quarter, Marv Welss scored his third goal of the season unassisted. Hodnett scored what proved to be a superfluous goal on a long pass from fullback Hugh Sargent after three and a half minutes of the final period.

For the remainder of the game, Coach Bruce Munro, substituting freely, concentrated on defense.

The varsity rests until Friday, when they play Dartmouth at Hanover. The Yardlings will go for their second straight victory tomorrow against Tech at 3:45 p.m. on the Business School field.