HAA Denies Student Charge Of No Medical Aid at Game

Answering the charge that no medical assistance is available to spectators at Stadium football games, Donald M. Felt, assistant director of Athletics, asserted yesterday that more than five doctors were on duty at the Columbia game and ready to aid injured person in the stands.

In a letter published in yesterday's CRIMSON a student had complained that his date was accidentally injured during last Saturday's game and that he could find no doctor in either the Stadium or Dillon Field House. "I would like to find out just what the H.A.A. has to say about it," the unidentified correspondent stated.

Relating his version of the experience, Felt said that the student and his date, when they arrived in the Field House, decided to apply antiseptic to the wound themselves, rather than to call a doctor from the field.

There is a direct telephone line from Dillon to the players' bench, and one of the several doctors with the team could have been reached immediately, Felt said. He explained that Stadium police regularly use this procedure whenever a medical emergency arises in the stands.

Felt admitted that, as the student's letter complained, there is no first aid station in the Soldiers Field stands, but said that the situation is the same in other college stadiums. "There are no first aid stations in theatres, either," he added.