Green Opposes Soccer Team Seeking Third Straight Win

When the varsity soccer team faces undefeated Dartmouth in Hanover this afternoon, Crimson coach Brace Munro hopes history will not repeat itself.

Last year the Crimson had broken even is four games until it met Dartmouth. After the green's 2 to 0 win the Crimson season soured and the team won only two more games the rest of the season.

The Green, with a four-game winning street, faces a stronger Crimson, which has won two straight after being shut out in its opener. Stronger, at least in its first string, for Munro would rather not talk about what he will do if any of his starters are injured.

Leading the varsity's strong passing attack will be Maurice Tore and Mary Weiss, the inside left and right respectively. Toro, although hampered by a leg injury, is still the key play-maker on the team. Weiss with three goals, is tied with center forward Grey Hodnett in scoring. Hank Holmes and Bill Linglebach has been out for two weeks with virus pneumonia and Bill Cowperthwaite will probably spell him.

Strangest Secondary

Halfbacks Captain Carey McIntosh, Stacey Holmes, and Donny Little combine with fullbacks Hugh Sargent and John Hadik to give the Crimson its strongest secondary in years. If replacements are needed, however, Munro will have to juggle his lineup; Toro will shift back and Godfrey Truslow will go in as wing. Munro's other replacement dick Fisher, will not dress, due to an ankle injury.

Green coach Tom Dent, now in his 31st year, has a team he hopes will equal last year's which lost only one game. Center forward Egil stigum and inside left Ben Wade will lead the Green attack.

The undefeated and unscored upon Yardlings are heavy favorites over a winless Green freshman team.