NO DETRACTION

The Mail

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

While the CRIMSON story of October 19 did accurately represent my genuine concern that a large grant of PBH endowments might be given to religious groups, it did create an unfortunate and misleading impression on two points:

1. That the Association and the President are engaged in open warfare with the Graduate Secretary.

2. That the Association fears being dispossessed by the Graduate Secretary.

Nor do I wish at any time to detract from the many fine contributions Mr. Hastie has made to the work of the Phillips Brooks House Association. Douglas W. Hunt '55   (PBHA president, 54-56)

The CRIMSON welcomes expression of reader opinion in its Mall column. Last year, over 100 letters were printed, ranging from impassioned defenses of Senator McCarthy to jibes at the prospects of a maidless College.--The CRIMSON was at once called Fascist and Communist for its stand on one particular issue. Letters should be under 400 words, and the editors reserve the right to abridge them if space limitation makes this necessary. No changes in context will be made, however. All letters must be singed, but names can be withheld by request.