A $200 refrigerator motor fire in the basement of Liggett's Rexall store, 1310 Mass. Ave., drew ten fire engines, a pickpocket, and a crowd of about 300 spectators Sunday night.
The fire, which evidently began about 8:40 p.m., burned out the insulation of a motor, causing a consequent short circuit. Cambridge fire officials estimated actual damage at about $100 and smoke damage at another $100.
During the disturbance Carl Pforzheimer '58, reported to police that his wallet, containing $13 disappeared, evidently as he was watching firemen's operations.