Injured Players Drill With Squad

Whether or not the UMass game Saturday had a good or bad effect on the morale and determination of the varsity football team, yesterday's medical report indicated that the well-conditioned squad suffered no serious physical injuries.

Both of the men who had to leave the game, Bob Cowles and Dick Koch, would have been available for yesterday's practice if Coach Lloyd Jordan had not decided to give them an extra day of rest. While they watched from the sidelines, Frank White ran at wingback and John Maher took over at right tackle.

Also running through signals with the first eleven yesterday was tailback Matt Botsford. Joe Conzelman, meanwhile, may be moved back to quarterback, where the Crimson staff feels that another experienced man is needed.

Another feature of yesterday's drill was the return to action of tackle Orville Tice and back Dick Hoffman. Tice will definitely be a member of the top 22 if his braced leg can hold out, but Hoffman will have to start from the jayvees and work up.

Also attending the session was Dexter Lewis, but Jordan took a look at the wing-back's leg and decided to keep him at half speed until there was more improvement. The rapid progress of John Simourian has helped to make up for Lewis' absence.