Princeton Weekend Offers Both Diversions, Dangers

Pitfalls as well as pleasures will on-snare the unwary Cantabrigians when they invade Princeton this weekend.

Those unfamiliar with Princeton's stadium procedure should be on the watch for sleuths with binoculars. These viewers scan the crowd for evidence of alcoholic indulgence, and send the police after all guilty parties.

When a Princeton undergraduate is caught he is sent dorm-ward, to await further notice from the Faculty. The fate of offenders not enrolled at Princeton has not yet been determined, although one Nassau Dean is quoted as saying that "everybody should take a general warning."

On the brighter side are the activities planned for this evening. At 7:30 there will be Pep Rally complete with Princeton cheerleaders, followed by a parade complete with Princeton police. An hour later there will be a Glee Club concert at Alexander Hall.

For those with no other place to go, a Gay Nineties dance is scheduled at 9:00 p.m. in the Student Center under the title of "Catsby's Last Stand." Stan Rubin and his Tiger Town Five will provide the music.

Saturday's entertainment includes morning soccer games and jayvee football competition, as well as the main feature in the stadium at 1:30. In the evening the Princetonians are presenting the "Tiger Tea Party" at Dillon Gym from 9:00 to 1:00. Dancing will be to Billy Butterfield and his 12-piece orchestra, with scences from the Triangle show at intermission--all for $2.50 a couple.

The Read to Princeton

The State Police advise that the best route-to Princeton Route 9 from Boston to Route 20 east of Worcester. Follow Route 20 to Route 15 east to Hartford, and continue on south along the Merritt Parkway, which joins the Henry Hudson Parkway north of New York City. Turn off the Hudson parkway at the George Washington Bridge, following the signs to the New Jersey Turnpike. Leave the turnpike at the New Brunswick exit and proceed about five miles to Route 1. Follow Route 1 until the signs for Princeton appear on the right.