Once-Downed Fencers Meet B.U. Here Today

The varsity fencing team will attempt to win its first meet this season as it meets Boston University in an informal match at the Indoor Athletic Building tonight at 7:30 p.m.

The team dropped its opening contest against Army last Saturday, 18 to 9, after winning only in the epee matches.

Paul Forand, who upset Army's number one man, will lead the squad in the foil group along with Steve Schneider and Walton Rawls.

In the sabre division Coach Edo Marion has replaced Craig with Cliff Thompson to play with John Livingston and Dave Kenney. Phil Erard, the only man to win all three of his matches against Army, will head the epee class. Captain Les Scherer and Bill Plerskalla will also fence in this group.

Coach Marion, former Yugoslav Olympic champion, yesterday said he believed his team would have little trouble in defeating the usually-weak B.U. fencers.

The next freshman match will be held Saturday at the IAB against the University of Connecticut. The varsity will oppose Trinity following this meet.

The remainder of the varsity schedule includes a match with M.I.T. on Feb 17 at the IAB, and the annual Pentagonal tournament in New York with Princeton, Yale, Army, and Navy on Feb. 20.