Varsity, Yard Track Teams Travel To Dartmouth for Final Dual Meet

In its final tune-up before the Washington's Birthday triangular meet with Yale and Princeton, the varsity track team will meet Dartmouth at Hanover, N.H. this afternoon.

Coach Bill McCurdy's squad has split its first two meets losing to Boston University and trouncing Brown. Today's encounter figures to be as close as last year's, which was won by the Indian in the last event of the meet.

Injuries, a plague to the Crimson all season, have not let up for this final dual meet. Among others, Bob Rittenburg, the best hurdler in the Ivy League, is still out with an injured foot, and Dave Alpers, the team's ace middle distance runner, is a question mark entry.

But even with the team not at full strength, McCurdy is looking for strong performances from Captain Jack Richards, Alan Howe, Ronny Little, Hal Gerry, Carl Goldman, and Art Siler.

Richards, who has been running the first log in the record-breaking mile relay with Little, Howe, and Alpers, will be favored to capture the 1000-yard run today. He should get pushed, however, by Dartmouth's Walt Clarkson, if the versatile Indian runs in this event.

Howe and Little will probably battle it out for first lace in the 600 yard run, with the latter slightly favored. If Alpers is able to run, the varsity may get all three places.

The team's outstanding miler, Gerry, will probably run the longer two-mile distance today, preparing for the big meets ahead. The Yale-Princeton meet, the IC4A, the National A.A.U., and the Heptagonals follow in successive weeks.

Goldman and Siler, top weight thrower and shot putter respectively, are favored in their events today.

McCurdy, besides watching the score, will be most interested in his athletes times and distances. From these he will be able to get a good idea about his chances in the coming meets.

The undefeated freshman team will also compete at Hanover today.