Mat Team Takes Penn; Tigers Win

The varsity wrestling team rebounded from Princeton's 20 to 8 shellacking on Saturday with a 19 to 9 win over Pennsylvania yesterday afternoon on the losers' mat. By defeating Penn the Crimson grapplers ended their four-meet losing streak.

While Princeton outmuscled the varsity, the freshman wrestlers extended their win streak to six victories, allowing Andover one pin and one decision in the 20 to 8 victory Saturday.

Over the topsy-turvey Washington weekend only 177 pound Ken Culbert and 123 pound Ed Keating won two matches apiece for the varsity. Culbert used his characteristic cradle held in pinning his sixth and seventh opponents of the year.

Weaker Pennsylvania succumbed in the final two bouts after matching the Crimson decision for decision through the lightweight matches. Phil Burnaman topped Jay Cozzloino 9 to 0 and Captain Chandler won 6 to 0.

In the Princeton match Chandler fell 12 to 4 to his two-year rival Don Rums-field. Heavyweight Pete Morrison, who two days later won a forfeit match from Penn wrestler Hay Walker, lost a close 6 to 2 decision to undefeated Tiger heavy-weight Jim MacAleer. In all, the Princetonians took five decisions and one pin from the varsity.