Houses Wrestling Continues in IAB

The inter-House wrestling tournament got under way at the I. A. B. yesterday afternoon with an unexpectedly large entry list of 85.

Of all the 29 matches held, John Lane of Adams gave the outstanding performance in winning his 157-pound bout. Another Gold Coast wrestler, Ezra Ingalls, looked good in his victories over Peter McKinney of Dunster and C. R. Schine of Lowell in the 177-pound division.

Meanwhile, the 157-pound defending champion, Lawrence Wilde of Lowell defeated Bob Egan of Dudley in a bid to retain his crown. Three other defending titlists, Joe Sullivan of Dunster (123), Bill Shoberlein of Elliot (147), and John Rosenthal of Dunster (167), won their bouts.

The feature bouts in the unlimited class found Eliot's Tim Anderson winning a fall from Wintrhop's John Flather, while John Tierney of Dudley took a quick fall from Dunster's John Stephens.

The semi-finals to be held at 3:30 today in the IAB find Lowell and Winthrop with five representatives taking a slight lead over Adams, Dudley, Dunster, and Eliot with four. Twenty-five matches have been scheduled.

Finals will begin Friday evening at 7:30.