Rugby Team Opens Season With 3-0 Victory Over N.Y.

The rugby team opened its season with a 3 to 0 victory over previously undefeated New York Rugy Club here yesterday. The Crimson's powerful serum and fast moving backs made the difference in the one touchdown win.

Rob Hormet scored the only try of the game, carrying the ball over the goal line after 15 minutes of the second period.

Dominate First Period

The Crimson controlled the ball during most of the first period but failed to score. Bill Frate crossed the goal line late in the period but didn't touch the ball to ground and missed the score.

Long kicks by Joe Conzelman and Rob Albert kept the ball out of Harvard territory for most of the game. Also noteworthy was the strong offensive play of Frate, Art Tickner, and Woodie Simpson.

The defeat was the first of the season for the New York club. Previous to Sunday's game they had registered wins over Yale, M.I.T., and the Washington Rugby Club.

The Crimson meets New York in Manhattan next Sunday in its second league game and will then travel to Bermuda during the spring vacation to compete in the annual rugby week tournament.