Undergrad Councils Work With Dean on Ticket Plan

By Steven C. Swett

Widespread misunderstanding over the H.A.A. plans for ticket distribution was clarified last night with the announcement that two undergraduate organizations are working with University Hall and the H.A.A. to draw up plans for an equitable system of ticket distribution.

These groups, the Student Council and the Undergraduate Athletic Council, are also analyzing the University ticket situation in all its ramifications and will report their findings this spring.

The Student Council, through a one-man committee of Roger Ravel '56, is investigating the ticket programs at the University and other Ivy Group colleges in an attempt to analyze and eliminate abuses in the universities system. His report will be ready after vacation.

Four-Man Plan

And the Athletic Council is now considering an amendment to the faculty-approved, four-man seating plan drawn up last winter. As outlined to the Council Tuesday night, this amendment would permit all recognized undergraduate organizations to sit together as groups at games.

Robert Hardy '54, Chairman of the Athletic Council, said last night that his committee had analyzed the ticket situation earlier this winter and made a special report to Dean Leighton. Hardy indicated this plan outlined some general considerations, but refused to give details.

It is believed that any final ticket plans will come only after the Student Council report is complete and the Athletic Council has finished amalgamating the four-man seating plan with the new group amendment. This is not expected until late April.

In an attempt to clear up undergraduate misunderstanding over the proposed amendment, Hardy last night released this plan. It contains two basic principles. The first is that organizations would be given no special ticket privileges. And the second is that seniors would be willing to relinquish their right to better seats in order to sit with friends in a lower class group.