Rugby Team Defeats New York Squad, 3-0

The University's rugby team scored its second straight 3-0 victory over the New York Rugby Club Sunday in Brooklyn's Red Hook Stadium. The Crimson's lone goal was registered by Woodie Simpson on a first period penalty kick.

The New Yorkers controlled the ball in the early minutes of the opening half, but the Crimson dominated the play in the final three quarters of the game. John Nichols and Art Ticknor were out-standing on the defense, which for the second week in a row was unscored upon.

The ruggers missed a second score when the wind deflected a first period penalty kick by Bill Frate.

Jan Meyor, Ted Carey, and Jack Dormand, all playing their first games of the season; saw considerable action. Dormand, a 36-year-old Business School student, started at standoff.

The Brooklyn contest was the last before the team's Bermuda contests against Princeton and Dartmouth. The ruggers will spend this week in practice on the Cambridge Field.

The victory placed the team as favorites for the Eastern Rugby Union championship. The New York team, which the Crimson has now defeated twice, has been victorious over league members M.I.T., Yale, and the Washington Rugby Club.