Squash Team Tops Yale, 7-2, To Maintain Perfect Record

The varsity squash team, National Intercollegiate Champions, decisively defeated Yale yesterday, 7 to 2, for its first win at New Haven since 1936 and its second undefeated season in four years.

Larry Brownell, Hadden Tomos, and Johnny Rauh led the Crimson victory with 3 to 0 wins in the top three positions. Brownell allowed his opponent only 18 points, winning 15-7, 15-5, 15-6. Tomes won 15-6, 15-13, 17-14, and Rauh won 15-7, 15-13, 15-6.

Captain Mike Ward, fourth, and Ted Rose, sixth, were the only losers, both dropping their matches 3 to 2.

Bill Wister, fifth, won 15-10, 15-14, 10-15, 15-13. Paul Garrigue, seventh, won 15-12, 17-14, 15-18, 15-5. Guy Paschal, scheduled to play in the eighth position, was suffering from a sore shoulder, so Coach Jack Barnaby moved Al Stone up from ninth and Stone won 15-7, 12-15, 15-6, 11-15, 15-10. Alternate Bob Brown played in the ninth spot and won 15-11, 15-13, 15-12.

Brownell 2nd in U.S.

Yale won only eight games in the entire match, probably a new low for a Yale-Crimson meeting.

Brownell is now rated second only to Roger Campbell of Princeton in Intercollegiate rankings. He lost to Campbell during the Christmas holidays in the intercollegiate Invitational Tournament at New York, and again at Hemenway last Saturday, but was otherwise undefeated for the season.

The freshman "D" team won at St. Paul's 5 to 0 yesterday. Hank Holmes, Dwight Davis, Doug Gardner, Charley McVeigh, and John Lonsdale won for the Yardlings.