Neil McElroy '25 Chosen Overseer To Replace Late Frederick L. Allen

Neil McElroy '25, president of Procter & Gamble Company, was yesterday elected a member of the Board of Overseers to fill the unexpired term of the late Frederick Lewis Allen '12.

Formerly president of the Associated Harvard Clubs, McElroy has served as a Director of the Alumni Association and a member of the fund Council. He is currently acting on the Overseers' Committee on University resources and is and Associate of the school of Public Health.

McElroy has been employed by Procter & Gamble since 19925 and has been president since 1948. He is also a director of the General Electric Company and of Chrysler Corporation.

Civie Leader

Active in his home town civie affairs, McElroy serves on the executive committee of the Citizens Development committee of cincinnati, the Cinciannati Summer Opers Association, and has directed Red Cross and community Chest drives in that city.

Nationally, he is a trustee of the Fund for Medical Education, the Council for financial Aid to Education, the Industrial Conference Board, and a member of the Citizens Commission for Public Schools.

McElroy will serve on the Board of Overseers until Commencement, 1956.