Loss May Force Key to Abandon College Weekend

Because of dance losses estimated at several hundred dollars, the Crimson Key Society may not sponsor an All-College Weekend in the future.

William D. Coakley '55, President of the Key, refused last night to make any comment on the possibility of the Key's withdrawing its sponsorship of the dance. Claiming that this was the finest dance the Key has ever held, Coakley said he will wait until Wednesday's meeting before making any recommendation to the Society. Other officers of the organization contacted last night declined to estimate exactly how much the Key lost on the dance.

The Dance Committee of the Key, which made the arrangements for the Artist's Ball, has a treasury separate from the Key's regular finances. The surplus earned in All-College dances in past years is large enough to cover the loss incurred at Saturday's dance.

Key members will hear a report on this year's All-College affairs at a meeting Wednesday night, and may vote then whether or not they will drop sponsorship of the Weekend.