Lacrosse Squad Favored Against Penn Here Today

Penn, being in the Ivy League, does not hold spring football practice. The Quakers stay in shape during the balmy months by playing lacrosse. When the Crimson takes them on today at 3:00 p.m. there should be plenty of blocks and spills in the first major Cambridge test of the season.

Bruce Munro's squad will be intact except for two key injuries at midfield. Jim Tolfer and Johnny Lane are both doubtful starters, Tolfer with his banged-up knee, and Lane with a groin injury aggravated in the M.I.T. game on Wednesday. This leaves Munro with eight topflight midfielders and he may have to call on Fuzzy Stuart, reserve left-hander to fill out the second line.

Crimson Favored

Penn has always played host to the Crimson during the Southern trip, so today's game will be the first meeting of the two clubs here. With its potent attack, a partisan crowd, and a familiar field, and with Penn doing the travelling, the Crimson gets the ned.

High scorers Ed Curtis and Captain Phil Waring, and play-maker Monk Aiello will start and play most of the game at attack. John Howard, who scored twice against M.I.T., and Don Dawidoff will be on hand for substitution.

Fred Horween, Todd Goodwin, and Karf Bjork comprise the starting midfield. Telfer, Lane, or Stuart will work with Chuck Edwards and Skip Baldwin in the second, depending upon their conditions at game time. The third midfield will be Tim Anderson. Albie Wells and Dexter Lewis.

Tom Crump, John Hartwell, and Paul Jones will start at defense with Fred Sharf and Pat Esmiol substituting. Stove DenHartog will be in the goal.