Same Lightweight Boat Faces Yale, Dartmouth, Tech on Charles Today

After shuffling his 150-pound crew all week, Coach Lee Rouner has resolved to face Dartmouth, Yale and Tech at 5 p.m. this afternoon at the Basin with the same varsity squad that barely edged M.I.T. last week.

In the only other races here today, the 150-pound jayvee and freshman crews will face Indian, Bulldog, Engineer, and Tabor eights.

Rouner faces a big question mark with today's meet. Last week the varsity seemed off practice form in closely shading Tech. All week Rouner switched men around in an effort to find a more efficient combination.

Rouner also has to worry about the weight of his crew. Several of the varsity had to forego dinner Thursday and breakfast yesterday to make 160.

Know Little About Yale

The other coaches also can not remain complacent. Dartmouth has already lost two races; to Pennsylvania April 10, and Yale last Saturday.

Indian Coach Gerry Zwart's problem has been weather and weight, and lack of material. Tech Coach Jack Frayley also has the same and usual problem: material.

Yale is an unknown quantity. No one will even get a good look at them before the race as they don't arrive until this morning.

Rouner's varsity is the same: Keith Garland, Steve Leland, Randy Seed, Charlie Higgenson, Bill Wetmore, Bob Volpe, Bill Coughlin, and Bill Warren, stroke to bow, with George Notter cox.

The Jayvees, however, have been shaken up. Rouner has moved Bill Lawrence from 3 to 7; Frank Maybank from bow to 6; John Lizars from 5 to 3; Bill Lindemulder from 6 to 2; and Tim Gray 7 to bow. Oscar Pollock and Jim Barrett are new, taking 5 and 4 respectively. Bill Ota will call the beat.