Lambie to Retire From Gov Faculty At End of Year

Morris B. Lambie, professor of Government and an expert in state and municipal administration, will retire from the faculty at the end of this academic year.

No immediate successor to Lambie has been named, but Charles R. Cherington, professor of Government, will teach Municipal Government in the fall. Other courses given by Lambie included "Topics in Local Government," "Seminar in Municipal Administration, and Management," and "Seminar on the Administrative Process."

Lambie has been a member of the University faculty since 1935, and held posts under governors of Massachusetts, New York, and Minnesota.

Born in Northampton, Mass., March 29, 1888, Lambie received his A.B. degree from Williams College in 1910, and his A.M. and Ph.D. from Harvard in 1910 and 1924 respectively. He also did graduate work at the London School of Economics in 1920-21.

He was Chairman of the Advisory Council of the Massachusetts Division of Employment Security from 1939 to 1944, Chairman of Governor Saltonstall's Commission on Employment Practices in 1943 and 1944, a member of Governor Bradford's Commission on State Finance in 1947, and a member of the Interim Commission on Health Unions in 1948.

Lambie has also been a Trustee of Williams since 1938, and is a former Member of the Council of both the American Political Science Association and the Municipal League.