Pacifist Group Will Petition Against Action in Indo-China

University pacifists voted last night to circulate a petition protesting against possible United States entrance into the Indo-China war.

The Fellowship of Reconciliation, an organization formed this year by 20 student pacifists, decided to circulate the petition on Wednesday and Thursday evenings outside the House dining halls and in the Union.

Addressed to President Eisenhower, the petition reads simply: "We, the undersigned, wish to express our opposition to United States intervention in Indo-China." The group had considered endorsing several longer and more detailed statements on the Indo-China crisis, issued by national pacifist organizations, but finally settled on the shorter form in the hope of eliciting greater student response.

Fellowship of Reconciliation president Edward A. French '54 termed the group's action an effort "to help bolster the forces against intervention in Indo-China."

"We feel that the President and the Secretary of State are trying to determine at this time how the people feel about our Indo-China policy," French continued. "We're trying to show them that we do not wish another Korea by pursuing a policy of colonial intervention in Asia."