FORCIBLY FOGG-BOUND

The Mail

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

I want you to know that this office shares your opinion of Fogg Large Room as a spot to spend three of the pleasantest hours of a Harvard man's life, and that no one is ruthlessly sentenced to risk myopia in that genteel dungeon.

No non-Fine Arts courses have been put there until other adequate rooms have been filled. On each such session you will note that Burr B has also been used. This room, by the way, seats only 65 in the alternate-row seating used in examinations; and all but one of the courses scheduled in Fogg Large has an enrollment of well over 100.

Of the Fine Arts courses only two, 198 and 160, are small enough to have fitted into Burr B, the others being over 150 each. We shall take up with the Department another term the possibilities of transferring such small courses out of the room.

Thanks for your interest in the matter. Perhaps when Harvard builds its now theatre we'll all be lolling in swayback seats under neon lights as we take our examinations. Stanley Leonard,   Supervisor of Examinations.

Mr. Leonard is correct in stating that most of the non-Fine Arts courses scheduled for Fogg are too big for Burr B. But a check of the schedule shows that during much of the time that Fogg is used for these courses, several other smaller rooms are free. The Fogg courses could be divided among them.--Ed.