Thresky to Top Tile-less Tower, or A Bird Above Is Worth Two Below

One of the country's dullest feuds will be formally buried today when executives of the CRIMSON and functionaries of the Lampoon join in annual festivity.

At 2 p.m. this afternoon, editors of both publications will gather on the steps of the 'Poon building to replace the Ibis upon the new copper and slate roof.

Mr. John H. Limpert '55, president of the Lampoon, explained that the CRIMSON editors have been asked to take part in this ceremony because "they've kept the bird longer than we have."

Mr. Limpert alludes to events of the past few years in which CRIMSON editors have borrowed Thresky from his perch and introduced him to chorus girls, College officials, and Russian delegates.

Arthur J. Langguth '55, president of the CRIMSON, promised that this year events would be more dignified. "We deeply regret the anguish we have caused our fellow publication," Langguth said. "We surely do not wish to add to the Lampoon's burdens."

Managing editor of the paper David L. Halberstam '55 echoed this sentiment and scored the actions of his predecessors. "Michael Maccoby and George S. Abrams were responsible for last year's breach of trust," he said. "We're all a little ashamed of their low humor."

Maccoby and Abrams were available for comment last night.

The dedication will begin today with a brief message of welcome by the Lampoon. The honor of placing the nine-foot metal bird back atop the building goes to David Royce '56, who will scale the wall at 23 minutes past 2.

Upon concluding the ceremonies, the throng will journey to Soldiers Field, where a bona-fide baseball game will be held. No attempt is being made this year by any of the 23 local bookies 2 predict the score