University Will Honor President of Columbia

Several Others Given Degrees

Columbia President Grayson L. Kirk and Harvard Medical School Dean George P. Berry will receive honorary degrees at Commencement on June 17, the CRIMSON learned last night.

Another recipient will probably be Robert Schuman, author of the Schuman Plan for the six nation coal-steel authority in Western Europe. Schuman was supposed to have been honored at last year's Commencement, but the degree was withheld because he was unable to be in Cambridge to receive it. Schuman is scheduled to be in this country to deliver a graduate school address on June 11, and will probably remain until Commencement to receive his Doctor of Laws degree.

Henry Pitney Van Dusen, noted Protestant clergyman who has worked closely with President Pusey on the Divinity School, is also a likely choice for a doctorate.

President emeritus James B. Conant '14 is also expected to be in Cambridge during Commencement and may receive an honorary doctor of laws degree at the ceremonies.

Other Degrees

Dr. Roger I. Lee '02, M.D. '05, who retired last year as the senior member of the Corporation, is another who will almost certainly be named by the Corporation as an honorary laureate of the University.

Honorary degree speculation has also centered about Professor of History Helen Maud Cam, who is retiring and returning to England, Chester Bowles, former ambassador to India, George Kennan, former ambassador to Russia, art historian Bernard Berenson '88, and Mrs. Eleanor Roosevelt.