Crimson Basketball Squad Drops 63-54 Game to Princeton Quintet

Only three points ahead at the ten-minute a strong Princeton quintet-rolled off eight points in a row and defeated the varsity basketball team 63 to 54 last Saturday at the Tigers' home court.

The loss was the Crimson's fifth in Ivy League play and dropped the team into a tie for seventh place with Yale.

Princeton, employing a tight man-to-man defense, got off to a strong start, and led by 16 points at the mid-point of the first half. The varsity closed the gap to 34-26 at the half, and trailed 51-48 when the Tigers began their final spurt. A Princeton freeze in the final minutes killed any hopes of a Crimson win.

Yardlings Lose

Bob Hastings, sophomore guard, pumped in seven field goals to top the Crimson offense with 14 points. Harry Sacks and captain Roger Bulger, each with 13 points, were the only other varsity players in double figures. Phil Haughey, with eight points and Dick Hurley, Ike Canty, and Bob Barnett, each with two, completed the Crimson scoring.

The freshman team also lost on Saturday, dropping a 65-49 encounter to Dartmouth. The loss was the Yardlings' fifth in six games.