Economics 1, Math 1a Again Lead Courses in Popularity

Economics 1 is again the most popular course among College and Radcliffe undergraduate with an enrollment of 565, preliminary figures from Registrar Sergeant Kennedy showed yesterday.

Trailing close behind for the second straight year is Match 1a with 559 people. This six vote margin is a slight improvement over last year's four vote edge.

Third is English 123, Selected Plays of Shakespeare, which was not given last year. Social Sciences 1 jumped from ninth to fourth place this year to lead the General Education courses.

Music 1 and Comparative Literature 166, bolstered by large Radcliffe contingents, tied for fifth with 408 people. Hitmanities 4 dropped from third place and Humanities 2 moved up from twelfth to meet in a tie for seventh place. Completing the top ten are Fine Arts 13 and and Chemistry 1, both repeaters from last year.

Social Sciences 6 Drops

Missing from last year's list are Social Sciences 6 and Government 1, both of which took surprisingly big drops.

The perennial leader in size among courses is General Education Ahf, this year with 1438 students, but its distinction is tempered by the fact that it is the only course required of all freshmen.

These men selecting English 123, Music 1, or Fine Are 13 have over 100 'Cliffedwellers to choose from. Comp. Lit. 166, Hum. 4, English 10, History 130, and Natural Science 3 are also liberally endowed.

The large group which avoided elementary Nat. Sci. courses in favor of two lab courses was credited with placing Chemistry 1, 2, and 20, and Physics 1a and 12a high on the list.