Soccer Team Faces Crucial Trial Against Indians Today

If the soccer team is to remain a leading contender for the Ivy League championship, it must do today what it has not done since 1949; beat Dartmouth.

The Crimson must contain the Indians' Egil Stigum, a center forward who has scored ten goals in five games this year, and five of them in one game.

The team must defeat a Dartmouth team that will be fighting for its Ivy League life. Dartmouth's 4-3 loss to Pennsylvania last Saturday was only the Green's first after 18 wins, but another defeat would virtually eliminate the Indians from title contention.

To win, the Crimson must score better than it has in the past against Dartmouth. The last time the team got as many as two goals was in 1951, and in the last six years only four Crimson goals have been scored against the Indians.

It will be up to halfbacks Denny Little, Stacey Holfmes, and John Hadlk to contain the Dartmouth scorers, and to fullbacks Hugh Sargent and Don Beaver to turn them away and clear the ball if they get past.

Goaltender Uncertain

When the Indians penetrate the outer and secondary defenses, as they undoubtedly will at times, it will depend on a still unknown goaltender to block their shots. Coach Bruce Murnro is uncertain as to the choice between his regular netminder, Lindsay Fischer, recovering from a knee injury, and Elliott Finkelstein, who held Amherst to a lone goal, and that on a penalty shot. Munro will decide today.

The Crimson line will be the same one that played against Amherst. Hank Holmes will start at outside left, Grey Hodnett at inside left, Shad Tubman at center forward, Dick Fisher at inside right, and Ken McIntosh at outside right.