Crippled Soccer Team To Play Cornell Today

By Adam Clymer

A game that looked four days ago like a good test for the Crimson soccer team--and a probable victory as well--suddenly looms as a gloomy afternoon for Coach Bruce Munro and his squad.

With four of his regular forwards injured or ill, though some may play, Munro has little optimism for today's meeting with Cornell, the varsity's Ivy League opener.

In the game at noon today on the Business School Field, the Crimson will have an unlikely line that includes an outside left with a cold that had him in bed Wednesday and Thursday, a center forward playing outsider right, an inside right who did not work out yesterday because of a cold, and a center forward who drilled only lightly because of a bruised fact.

Unhealthy Forwards

With Bill Lingelbach definitely out of action with a sprained ankle, Shad Tubman, the second-strong center forward, will take over his position at outside right. Ken McIntosh, with a bad charley-horse in his right leg is unlikely to play, and Charlton MacVagh will play inside left.

Hank Homes, the outside left, worked out for just a few minutes after being in bed with a cold two days this week. Dick Fisher, at inside right, missed yesterday's practice but is practically recevered from his cold, and Grey Hodnett, the center, will probably not be hothered by his bruised foot, and ranks as perhaps the healthiest of Munro's forwards.

In contrast, the Crimson halfbacks, fullbacks, and goalie are in fine shape. Reading from left to right, the halfbacks will be Denny Little, Stacey Holmes and John Hadik. Captain Huge Sargent will play left fullback, and Don Beaver will be at right fullback. Lindsay Fischer will tend goal.