Varsity Rates Slight Favorite

who did a good job last week as signal caller will again be the quarterback.

But whereas the best the Crimson can hope to do in the backfield is to equal the Big Red, it is the line that has made Harvard the favorite. For Cornell has only one man who can stand up against the Crimson's line. He is big Stan Intihar, ineligible last year, but nevertheless the outstanding end in the League. He is 6-4, weighs 215 pounds, and is an excellent pass-catcher. DeGraaf will throw to him more than to anyone else.

Outside of Intihar and junior Carl Berner who will start at tackle, James is starting five sophomores in his line. Only Gerry Knapp, the right end, has shown anything in the team's previous two games, a narrow 14-6 victory over Lehigh, and a 21-6 defeat at the hands of Colgate. But these sophomores were all members of a very strong freshman team which lost just one game, 14-7, to an undefeated Yale squad.

Five Big "M's"

Anchored by its captain, Bill Meigs the Crimson line is big, strong, and, most important, experienced. There are no sophomores on the first seven, and only one junior, 212-pound guard Ted Metropoulos, the fastest lineman not an end. Between Meigs and Metropoulos is the third of the five big "M's", Jan Meyer, the 210-pound center. The other two big "M's" are tackle John Maher and end Bob Morrison. Orville Tice is the other tackle and Ed Kennedy the other end.

If it rains today, as the weatherman predicts it will, it would probably hurt Cornell more than it would the Crimson. For the Big Red's attack operates primarily on DeGraaf's right arm, and his backs' deceptive running.

The Crimson, on the other hand, uses the fundamental single-wing attack with an overbalanced line. It will consistently pound away at the opponent's line, especially inside of the two tackles. Last year it was this wearing down of the Cornell line which gave the Crimson its winning touchdown.

However, Jordan this year has developed four passers, Stahura, Simourian, Botsford, and Joslin. With this added stimulus to its attack, the Crimson may be very hard to stop, for if the secondary "cheats," that is, plays too close, Jordan can call for the pass.