Charity Drive May Surpass 1954-55 Total

Incomplete preliminary figures from this term's Combined Charities drive, now standing at $11,000, indicate that this year's contributions should equal or surpass last year's total of $14,000, Edward M. Strasser '56, co-chairman of the drive, announced last night.

In a written report to the Student Council, Strasser said that the present total represents dormitory collections in the College and the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences only. He added that no figure was yet available for mail solicitation or collections in the other graduate schools.

Support for NSA

The Council last night also approved the continuation of its financial support of the National Students Association, and provided for future Council appointment, by majority vote, of delegates from the University to attend regional and national NSA meetings.

It also "sanctioned" the presence of Luigl Einaudi '57 at the current New England regional meeting of the NSA. Einaudi was elected president of the group over the weekend, subject to Council approval. In sanctioning Einaudi, the Council did not recognize him as a full delegate.

At the same meeting, the Council accepted a letter from William Bentinck- Smith, assistant to the President, declining the Council's offer to call its academic freedom week lectures the Nathan M. Pusey lectures.