'Students for Ike' Will Poll College On '56 Candidacy

Ten students from Lowell House have founded a "non-partisan organization" to poll College sentiment on whether or not President Eisenhower should seek a second term in office.

Established to "aid the President in making his decision," the group--"Students for Eisenhower"--received recognition yesterday from two different College sources.

Last night the Student Council passed a resolution endorsing the constitution and purposes of the organization, while earlier in the day, Dean Watson granted permission to Morton Korn '57, temporary chairman of the new group, to begin a membership campaign. Final determination of the status of the new group, however, must await a meeting of the Faculty Committee on Undergraduate Organization on Dec. 1.

Unlike Democratic Group

The founding of the Eisenhower group follows the organization last week of "Students for Stevenson," but unlike its Democratic counterpart, the new group will not "attempt to pressure Mr. Eisenhower into accepting his party's renomination for the presidency."

"Instead," Korn said yesterday, "we want to find out what people think of Eisenhower's candidacy first in view of his recent illness, and second in view of the policies of his Administration.

"We plan to tap the sentiments of the student body through polls and questionnaires," he continued, "and then forward the results to the President to aid him when the time comes for him to decide."