Ivy League, UP Select Meigs for 2 All-Star Teams

The Crimson's Bill Meigs was named to two more football all-star teams yesterday. The Ivy League team, selected by the eight League coaches, has at starting guard the Crimson captain and the United Press chose him as honorable mention on its all-American team.

The other Crimson player on the first Ivy team is tackle Orville Tice, who was selected over Phil Tarasovic, Yale's star tackle. However, Yale had more players on the first and second teams than any of the other colleges with three on the first and two on the second.

The UP named no Ivy players to any of its first three all-American teams, but Meigs and Tarasovic received honorable mention. The selections are based on a nation-wide poll of sportswriters and broadcasters.

Those named to the first Ivy team included: Ends, Stanley Intihar (Cornell) and Paul Lopata (Yale); Tackles, James McGuinness (Brown) and Orville Tice (Harvard); Guards, Fred Bucci (Columbia) and William Meigs (Harvard); Center, John Owseichik (Yale); Backs, Claude Benham (Columbia) William DeGraaf (Cornell), Dennis McGill (Yale), and Richard Martin (Princeton).