Basketball Team To Oppose Tufts At I.A.B. Tonight

The Crimson basketball team will go after its fourth straight win of the season tonight when it opposes Tufts in the I.A.B. at 9 p.m. If Coach Floyd Wilson's five can win, the Crimson will have posted its longest early-season skein of victories since 1945, when the team won the first six.

In contrast to the Crimson's record of victories over Amherst, Northeastern, and Cornell, Tufts has yet to win, losing to Brown, Massachusetts, and Providence. But the game is nevertheless one the varsity cannot take lightly, for, as Wilson observed yesterday, "We always have a tendency to let down against Tufts, while it's a big game for them."

Overconfidence--not unnatural after Saturday's big win over Cornell--and a fast-breaking Jumbo outfit that might catch fire this evening could make the pre-game records insignificant. In addition, Tufts has the advantage in height.

But the hustle and accurate shooting that has enabled the Crimson to come from behind to win its previous games with second-half bursts ought to be enough to win, and the home team must rule as the favorite.

Wilson will start the same five who opened against the Big Red. Bob Bowman and Ike Canty will go at the forwards, Phil Haughey will start at center, Bob Hastings, averaging more than 17 points per game, and Bob Barnett will be at the guards.

'59 MEETS JUMBOS

In the 7 p.m. preliminary, the Yardlings will encounter the Tufts freshmen. The probable starting lineup for the home team, winner of its only previous game, has Jim Smith and Bryant Danner at the forwards, Grif McClellan at center, and Alex Christ and George Harrington at the guards.