Committee Discusses New Fringe Benefits, Faculty Compensation

The first fruits from the work of three special committees on College expansion appeared yesterday at a meeting of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences as the Committee on Compensation opened a preliminary discussion of possible "fringe benefits" for faculty members.

These "fringe benefits" would include such items as tuition scholarships for faculty children, extended group medical insurance, and modifications in retirement policy.

Meanwhile, final expansion reports from the three committees, those on Compensation, on Undergraduate Costs, and on Appointments, Promotions, and Retirements, tentatively scheduled for December 1, ought to be ready for submission to President Pusey by the end of Christmas vacation.

President Pusey's appointment in October of the three faculty advisory groups was his first public step toward settling the extent of future College expansion. Their reports will be on specific topics related to the problem and are expected to serve as aids to the President in deciding on policy or further study of the situation.