Dudley Advances

There has seldom been an article discussing the Commuter's Center that didn't begin with references to the unfavorable tags once connected with the non-resident student. Although such remembrances benefitted the commuter by contrast to his presently improved status, the Dudley Committee showed this week that contrast to the past is unnecessary. With all the energy of their winning athletic teams, the Commuters have initiated a student advisory program to draw Dudley's freshmen into more of the University's activities. Nearly fifty upperclassmen are now dividing their time among 122 freshmen, and the results have been more than favorable.

The new student advising system follows a number of recent improvements at the Center. In the past year the Commuter has won a more modern, adequate library, better dining facilities, and an expanded tutorial plan for the medical concentrator. Each of the advances has been due in large part to the students themselves, working in co-operation with Dudley's Senior Tutor. Their programs have been consistently encouraging, and deserve full credit.