150 Mather Residents Assessed $2 After Damage to 8 Bulletin Boards

Continued destruction of Mather Hall bulletin boards has led to the assessment of $2 fines to almost half of the members of Leverett House by Master Leigh Hoadley.

All 150 residents of Mather Hall will pay to cover the cost of eight destroyed boards, although it has not been proven that the guilty persons live in the Hall.

"This assessment is standard procedure in cases of destruction in the dormitories," Hoadley explained. "I would give anything to wipe it off. I hope that this measure will make 150 detectives in Mather. If I can find any indication that it was done by outsiders, I will remove the fines."

The bulletin board in F-entry was burned three times. This entry is used by students in the other entries in Mather as they must pass through it to get to the dining room. It is also the only exit to the street after 8 p.m.

In J-entry, the notice board glass was broken four times, and in K-entry the board was burned once. These two entries are located furthest from the street, so there is little possibility that the damage was caused by outsiders.

The total $300 assessment is expected to more than cover replacement costs.