Varsity Entrants Finish Poorly in Three Ski Meet

Freshman Ash Hallett led a field of University skiers, finishing 18th in the Class C competition of Sunday's Individual Downhill Meet at Cranmore.

The Class C division was won by Johan Andresen 2B in 57.3 seconds. Andreson, the skied for the varsity in 1953, was only four seconds slower than the winning Class B time.

Finishing behind Hallett's 63-second mark were captain Ebbe Dane, :64, Peter Churchill, :65, and Fred Churchill, :65.

Also Sunday in the New Hampshire Yale Jump at Lebanon, the varsity's Patriot jumped 112 feet and Joe Poindexter 64 feet to finish in the second half of Class B competition. The winning jump was 140 feet.

Crimson Entry Falters

The only team action of the weekend saw a Crimson entry finish 13th in a field of 14 at the Eastern Cross Country Relay Championship, Saturday. Sten Lium turned in the varsity's best leg, 47 minutes for the six-mile lap.

Peter Churchill, Poindexter, and Dane also skied in the relay which was won for the Finnish Ski Club of New York by Anchorman Tauno Pulkinen in 38:46. Pulkinen won a last lap duel with Dick Osgood of the University of New Hampshire.