Yardling Sextet Will Meet Strong B.U. Team in Home Game Today

Two years ago Boston University upset the Yardling hockey team, 3 to 2, and spoiled an undefeated season. There is more than a slight chance that history will repeat itself at 4:30 today on the Watson Rink.

The two freshman teams played to a near-stalemate in their first encounter at he beginning of the month, but John Copeland's goal with ten seconds of sudden death overtime remaining gave the Yardlings a 3-2 triumph, B.U. goalie Ralph Vite kept the Terriers in that game with several fine saves and will have to be equally spectacular today if an upset is in the offing.

In what amounted to a warmup contest, Framingham High became the 18th straight victim of the Yardlings yesterday, 10 to 0. Goalie Bob Connors registered the team's second shutout by stopping only eight Framingham shots. Bob Cleary scored twice, and the other Yardling goals were evenly distributed among his teammates.

Offensively the Yardlings have put on imposing displays of might in their last five games. The 65-goal today in that period is a little deceptive, however, for the defeated teams all had weak defenses.

B.U. varsity coach Harry Cleverly has termed the Terriers "the greatest freshman hockey squad ever at B.U." Included in its 8-1 record are double defeats of both Boston College and Dartmouth. But two weeks ago the Yardlings also edged Dartmouth, 2 to 1, in a rough contest.