Yardling Fencing, Track, Hockey, Basketball Teams Compete Today

A full round of Yardling athletic activity this afternon finds the hockey and track teams attempting to extend unbeaten streaks, the basketball team seeking its second win in seven starts, and the fencing team looking for an opening win. All contests except the fencing meet take place away.

The Yardling hockey team seeks its eighth straight victory this afternoon against St. Paul's School at Concord, N. H. Triumph is by no means assured, since the freshmen have shown a tendency to play the same caliber of hockey as their opponents. Just before exams they had a tough time beating comparatively weak Belmont Hill, 4 to 0.

In line with his policy of alternating goalies, coach John White will use Bob Canners in the nets this afternoon. Bob McVey, Bob Cleary, and Lyle Guttu will form the starting line in front of defensemen John Copeland and John Stimpson.

Strength in the hurdles and the 1000 yard run should overcome weaknesses in the field events to give the Yardling track team its third win of the year at Exeter.

Bob Storey and Dan Wilson make up the Yardling strength in the high hurdles, and Pete Reider and Serg Snegireff are standouts in the 1000 yard run.

Coach Bruce Munro's basketball team will also play at Exeter in search of its second win. The probable starting lineup has Noel Tyl at center, Chuck Wollo and Tony Massari at the forward positions, and Tom Bernheim and Bob Montgomery at guard.

An untested fencing team will face Hopkins Grammar of New Haven, Conn., in its first meet of the year at 2 p.m., in the Indoor Athletic Building.