I.Q.'s ON ICE

The Press

We wouldn't know how the Harvard CRIMSON is ting it, but we are a wee bit wary about the effects of today's hockey game with the men from Cambridge. Not about the game itself. Both teams are champions in heir respective divisions and it will be interesting to see who wins. What we are most interested in is the effect that Harvard will have on the team.

While the University of Michigan has always been proud of begin compared academically with Harvard this is only the second time that we have met them in an athletic endeavor. Rumor has it that the Harvard players carry copies of spinoga and Henry James in their green book bags in addition to a hockey stick.

We don't mean to imply that Messrs. MacFarland, Rendall, Howes, Schitler, et. sl. are not prepared scholastically to cope with the Harvard. We only wish that Coach Vie Heyliger had prepared them in the little things before their journey to Colorado Springs. Perhaps he could have had the team invited to Martha Cook to learn the fine art of balancing a tea cup. Their training should also have included a session with Prof. Eisenberg of the Fine Arts Department, so that they would know a Rembrandt from a Goys.

And why didn't Heyliger think of the time when the boys will be in the penalty boxt Talk of SGC is all right for Ann Arbor, but it would have been so much more to our advantage to have them discuss the implications of Sir Thomas Browne's poetry. Naturally it is the teams that pay for the library. Far be it from us to make them stop their industry long enough to use it. Michigan Daily, March 10, 1955