Fisher, Thomas Take First Place In Intramural Feneing Tournament

Barry Fisher of Adams House and Mitchell Thomas of Thayer South won the House and freshman intermural sabre matches yesterday afternoon at the I.A.B. The sabre matches are the second event in the three-day intramural fencing tournament.

Fisher defeated Bill Kadin, also of Adams House, in a stiff match, 5 to 3. For a long time Kadin held Fisher at 3 to 3, until Fisher ended the match in one minute with two quick attacks.

In the semi-finals, Fisher edged Jim Harden of Dunster, 5 to 4. Kadin entered the finals by a 5 to 3 victory over Nat Geary of Eliot House.

Thomas downed the other two Yardling contestants in a round robin series Kirby Smith, also of Thayer South, placed-second in the Yardling matches. Michael Wald, the third Yardling fencer, is also a Thayer South man.

A total of eight entered the sabre matches from five Houses. Monday afternoon 18 entered from the Houses for the foil matches. The epee meets are scheduled for tomorrow.

Thomas, who was second in yesterday's sabre matches, was also second in the foil matches on Monday.